George Dimitrov (team leader)
Law and Internet Foundation
Dr. George Dimitrov is the Chairperson of the Law and Internet Foundation. He graduated from Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski”, Faculty of Law (LL.M. 1995) with honours and has specialised at the Academy of American and International Law, Dallas, Texas, where he was awarded the prestigious Victor Folsom Fellowship. He is a holder of a PhD in ICT Law from the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium. Dr. Dimitrov teaches ICT Law at Sofia University, the Technical University, the University of Library Studies and Information Technologies, and Veliko Tarnovo University.
Dr. Dimitrov has headed working groups that have drafted several pieces of Bulgarian ICT and Data Protection legislation. He has also contributed to the preparation of the analyses of the legislation in the area of personal data protection in relation to the implementation of the new framework of the e-communications sector (Acquis’2002). Since 2009 he is an expert at the Advisory Council on Electronic Communications, Postal Services, Information Society and Electronic Governance at the Ministry of Transport, Information Technologies and Communications.
He is fluent in English, Italian, Spanish, and Russian.
• DIMITROV, G., The International Encyclopaedia of Laws – Cyber Law. Monograph Bulgaria. Kluwer Law International, Alphen aan den Rijn, 2010;
• DIMITROV, G. Implementing the Bulgarian Data Protection Act concerning the Lawyer's Profession. Lawyers Review. Vol. 3, 2010, Sofia, p.3-6 (bg);
• DIMITROV, G., Liability of Certification Service Providers. VDM Verlag Dr. Mueller, Saarbruecken, 2008;
• DIMITROV, G., PETROV, B., KRUSTEVA, D., et. al. The Enforcement and Implementation of the Acquis Communautaire in the Field of Information Society. Institute of Public Administration and European Integration, Sofia, 2008.
Law and Internet Foundation
Mr. Bogdan Petrov is a founder and senior legal expert in Law and Internet Foundation. He graduated from Sofia University, Faculty of Law (LL.M. 1994) and specialized Management at the University of National and World Economy, Sofia. He also completed the Enterprise and Investment Course organized by the International Development Law Organization (IDLO), Rome, Italy (2003).
Mr. Petrov has assisted in drafting numerous acts of primary and secondary legislation, and various reports. His practice focuses on electronic governance, electronic commerce, electronic communications, electronic signature and electronic document, etc. Mr. Petrov has been a noted speaker at numerous public discussions and workshops. He has published studies and articles in national and international editions on the Electronic Document and the Electronic Signature Act, the Public Procurement Act, the Telecommunications Act, etc.
Mr. Petrov has more than 10 years of practical experience in leading projects and providing legal advice to major telecom operators and ICT companies in Bulgaria on complicated commercial matters.
Mr. Petrov is a member of the Sofia Bar Association and the International Bar Association.
- DIMITROV, G., PETROV, B., KRUSTEVA, D., et. al. The Enforcement and Implementation of the Acquis Communautaire in the Field of Information Society. Institute of Public Administration and European Integration, Sofia, 2008;
- KALAIDJIEV A., BELAZELKOV B., DIMITROV G., PETROV.B., “Legislation of the e-commerce in Bulgaria”, 2004.
Center for Law of the ICT (Law and Internet Foundation)
Desislava Krusteva graduated from Sofia University, Faculty of Law (LL.M. 2003). Her practice now focuses on E-commerce and Internet Law, Telecommunications Law, Personal Data Protection Law, Contract Law and Corporate and Commercial Law.
In recent years Ms. Krusteva has been actively involved in drafting numerous legislative acts including the Law for Amendment and Supplementation of the Access to Public Information Act, the secondary legislation on the implementation of the E-documents and E-signatures Act, the Electronic Communications Act, on the state administration's corporate identity, etc. She is the author of numerous reports and legal opinions on the implementation of the EU ICT legal framework, e-government, privacy, data protection, e-communications, etc.
Ms Krusteva has won the scholarship of the Intellectual Property, Communications and Technology Section of the International Bar Association and is now a member of this prestigious organization.
She possesses good command of English and French.
• DIMITROV, G., PETROV, B., KRUSTEVA, D., et. al. The Enforcement and Implementation of the Acquis Communautaire in the Field of Information Society. Institute of Public Administration and European Integration, Sofia, 2008;
• KRUSTEVA, D., OGNYANOV, M., Privacy of Communications and Personal Data Protection in Electronic Communications Networks. Market and Law Magazine, November 2004. Alexandra Tsvetkova
Law and Internet Foundation
Alexandra Tsvetkova is an executive director and member of the Management Board of the Law and Internet Foundation which she joined September 2008. She is responsible for the leadership, financial management and the overall execution of the foundations’ projects and initiatives. She has profound experience in project management which includes, inter alia, planning, organizing and managing resources, timelines and budgets.
She has graduated Bachelor of Informatics from Sofia University, Faculty of Mathematics and Informatics (2007). Currently, she is pursuing Master Degree in Informatics, specialized in Electronic Business and Electronic Governance in Sofia University. Ms. Tsvetkova has also successfully completed special European Project Management Certificate Programme.
She is currently assistant lecturer in ICT law at Sofia University, Faculty of Mathematics and Informatics.
She is fluent in English and has profound computer skills.